Julia Furley and Laura Pearce handle the employment law matters within the firm. They work with the assistance of paralegals, but are ultimately responsible for all aspects of your case.
Each business debt dispute case is different. Please email us or call 0207 388 1658 and we will give you an estimate or fixed fee based on the circumstances of your individual case.
We have outlined the cost of our business debt dispute services below.
These costs below apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed.
If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g., if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
Where appropriate, we seek to agree a fixed fee at the outset of the matter. Below we have set out a guide to likely costs based upon the value of the debt. In the event that a matter became more complicated than initially anticipated, we would charge additional fees on a time spent basis.
The total fee below includes:
- taking your instructions
- drafting a Letter Before Action
- drafting the Claim Form & Particulars of Claim and issue at court
- formal request for Judgement be entered by the court
- writing to the debtor to request payment of the Judgement debt
- advising on next steps regarding enforcement
|Debt Value||Court Fee||Our Fee||Total|
|Up to £5,000||£35 (minimum)
|£1,000 + vat (£1,200)||£1,235 – 1,405|
|£5,001 – £10,000||£455 (maximum)||£2,500 + vat (£3,000)||£3,455|
|£10,001 – £50,000||5 % value of the claim||£5,500 + vat (£6,600)||TBC|
|£50,001 – £100,000||5% value of claim||£8,000+ vat (£9,600)||TBC|
Our fee includes:
The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor. Anyone wishing to proceed with a business debt dispute claim should note the following:
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a letter before action.
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim.
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default.
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment.
- If payment is not received within X days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
The fees set out above do not cover the following:
- Our forward work in circumstances where the debt, at any stage, becomes disputed.
- Any enforcement action necessary in respect of enforcing the debt.
- Any disbursements other than court fees (costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties). It is unlikely that any such disbursements would fall payable in an undisputed debt matter.
However, in exceptional circumstances disbursements may fall payable. We would discuss any such disbursements with you as soon as we became aware of the nature of the same.