In 2017, I’ve closely followed the national and international stories about powerful male figures and their alleged involvement in sexual harassment. I’ve followed thousands of women from around the world tweeting the hashtag #MeToo to demonstrate the magnitude of sexual harassment. I’ve watched many stories of sexism and discrimination. These stories have suddenly changed their status from...Read More
2017 has been a significant year for the UK as the country moves towards Brexit. Unfortunately, the Brexit process has brought out some of the worst aspects of the press in this country. Headlines from the Daily Mail such as ‘Enemies of the People’ in November last year, directed at Supreme Court Judges who had the temerity to ask Parliament to follow the law, have been followed this week by...Read More
DENTAL BULLETIN, ISSUE 60
The GDC’s own statistical analysis shows us:
Source: GDC 2017
– Men are more likely than women to be involved in FTP cases.
– Dentists who have taken the ORE are less likely than those qualified in the UK to find themselves involved in FTP proceedings.
– However, those from the EEA were more likely to come before the GDC.
DENTAL BULLETIN, ISSUE 59
Dr Michalak was employed by the Mid-Yorkshire Hospitals until she was dismissed in July 2008. She complained that she had been discriminated against in the course of her employment. Pending the result of the action she brought against her employer, disciplinary proceedings were brought against Dr Michalak in relation to the care of patients and her...Read More
On 20th November 2017 we received the reserved judgment of the Manchester employment tribunal confirming our client had been successful in her claim for pregnancy related discrimination, among other things.
Louise Doyle had been employed by Associated Training Solutions Limited as a trainer/assessor for 1 year 11 months when she was dismissed due to allegations of gross misconduct. The...Read More
Over the last few months there have been a number of stories in the press in relation to transgender issues;
– Playboy featured its first transgender playmate, a successful model who has appeared in Italia Vogue and catwalk shows;
– The Methodist Church appointed its first transgender minister;
– A teacher was suspended for referring to a transgender boy as a girl;
– A...Read More