GDPR and Data Protection training for dental practices
BMA House, London – 22nd February 2018: 9am -4pm
Are you ready for the GDPR? Do you understand the new obligations imposed?
If not, we are here to help with our one day workshop on 22nd February 2018 in London
A practical GDPR workshop where you can get the tools, guidance and documentation to implement the changes your dental practice needs
Have you ever been to a workshop and found yourself simply being talked at? At JFH Law we understand that when the subject matter is new and complex, absorbing a plethora of information thrown at you can be challenging. This is why our workshop is different. We aim to provide you with the tools your practice needs to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. As well as explaining the new obligations imposed, we will provide you with step by step guidance and documentation to take away with you to help you implement the changes at your practice.
The GDPR is the biggest overhaul of data protection law in 20 years. You need to be ready for its implementation on 25th May 2018. Ignorance of the law will be no defence and the penalties for no compliance are severe.
Given the cultural and procedural changes needed to implement the rules, you need to start preparing now so your practice is ready.
This course is aimed at practice principals, practice managers and those responsible for data compliance.
In this one day GDPR workshop we will:
- Provide an overview of the new regulations;
- Explain the key terms and definitions;
- Explain the new requirements of consent and how your practice can comply;
- Set out your processing duties and what records you must keep;
- Explain the role of the Data Protection Officer and when you need to appoint one;
- Provide guidance on when requests for personal data can be made and how you comply with them;
- Provide details of who is accountable in your practice;
- Set out what the new rules are on privacy notices;
- Explain your obligations if a breach occurs;
- Give practical guidance on how you can implement the GDPR at your practice;
- Provide an overview of the penalties for non-compliance.
Don’t delay and book your place today to ensure you are GDPR ready.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The cost of this workshop is £300 + VAT for the first delegate and £255 + VAT (15% off) for any additional delegates. You will get a promotional code when your first standard ticket is ordered.